Tested and Loved
09.20.2007 - 12.16.2007
Having traveled 3 months with just what we could carry, we've been able to separate the good products from the great. Here are some items that we used on our trip and absolutely loved:
- Ex Officio travel underwear - Truly amazing! Anti-microbial. Quick Dry. Odor-free. Enough said.
- Katadyn Exstream XR water bottle / purification system - an absolute savior for travel in countries with less than pure drinking water.
- Ben’s insect repellent with 98% Deet - a must for places with sandflies (i.e. any body of water in New Zealand) or mosquitoes (Africa)
- Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soap - organic, cleans everything from body parts to clothes to pots and pans
- Lonely Planet guide books - can’t imagine traveling without them
- REI backpack travel covers - stops straps from getting caught in airport baggage conveyors and doubles as a duffel for extra space when needed
- Anti-shock hiking poles - saves the knees on those downhill sections of your hike
- AJ Hackett Bungy - can talk even the most reluctant people into jumping “5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - JUMP!”
Although we stayed in some great hotels (and some not so great), here are the two standouts:
- San Cristobal Tower (Starwood Luxury Collection) - The best concierges ever!
- Millennium Hilton in Bangkok - Great suites with awesome views. Platinum benefits included a fantastic executive lounge with delicious complimentary breakfasts, and free laundry service!